Grandma and Grandpa are here! We were so excited to get them even though it meant we needed to start packing now. They were so nice to come out early to help with that and entertain my crazies. They also had to hang out with our friends all the time cause I hate goodbyes. So I'm grateful they were okay with that ha ha. Grandma was the cool one that did all of Brooks science kit experiments with him when I didn't want to. Grandpa took them on walks and bike rides and the children's museum.
Dinner with Porters and Slip n sliding.
The free lunch in North Liberty started up for the summer. I only went to one to just say goodbye to a few girls I don't see often. Free lunches were some of the best memories so it's hard to know it's our last. I almost backed out of going but when I got there, they had gotten me my favorite sandwich from Which Wich and a cake to celebrate my birthday a month early. It was so sweet but then I just cried the whole time so that sucked.
The boys are getting very stir crazy with all the packing and I can tell my anxiety is getting them, so we took them to the Aquatic center in Coralville for the afternoon. Carson was so excited cause he finally can pass the swimming test and is tall enough for the "toilet bowl" water slide. He seriously went on it over and over the entire time. Grandpa got them all snow cones and the afternoon was very nice and a needed break.
Nicole wanted to take the boys for a morning. Migs brought her boys over also. We leave in a few days, so we knew this was definitely the last. These boys have grown up together the last 4 years. They know them more than actually family cousins. We've done all birthday celebrations together, holidays, and vacations. It is not fun knowing that will not be the case anymore.
Brooks for some reason attached to Nicole. He loves her more than he loves me ha ha. They have the sweetest connection and I'm so grateful she was always there for him and so nice to him. When I picked him up the first thing he told me was that he got just a special picture with Nicole. He was so happy about it.
No comments:
Post a Comment